Top Social

8/07/2015

Five for Friday: Five Pitiful Situations in Desperate need of Completion

Today is my first day linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five For Friday! For this linky, I get to share with you Five Random things of my choosing. :) So fun.


My things, however, are not so random. See. Little Miss Charlie Grace is scheduled to arrive TWO WEEKS from today. We are NOT. READY. So this weekend, Little Man is headed to the grandparents’ house so that hubs and I can focus on the nursery. For those of you who have complimented the cuteness of my DIY life, or who think my decorating skills are on par, this should give you a true glimpse into my madness. J For this Five for Friday, I present to you: 


Five Pitiful Situations in Desperate need of Completion.

1. These Buried Boards
Those boards, which have been sitting on top of Charlie’s Closet Shelf (still in the box in my living room) for three weeks, have become a play station for my son. They’re supposed to be wall signs for her room. I’m thinking this. And this. Or this. Instead I have this:



2. This Hidden Dresser
I bought this dresser off of Craigslist. The plan was to paint it with coral chalk paint to match her room. We attempted this project before the BaByQue in hopes we could use it as a sweet display for food or desserts. Instead the DIY chalk paint totally botched, we gave up after one coat, and it’s been hiding in the garage, collecting crap, ever since.


3. This Pile of Chaos
This is my living room. Recognize any of this from the BaByQue? These things are not usually here. That chair, that crate of books, and the stuff on the mantle all need to move upstairs to the nursery. Of course, the nursery isn’t ready to accept new items so they continue to live in my living room. That stroller just came in last night. Brian was supposed to put it together, but he got distracted. And so it sits.


4. And This Pile of Chaos
This is my mud room. Also in need of completion. Since the nursery is far from complete, we’ve been piling baby stuff in here. I have no clue what’s in these piles, ya’ll. ZERO CONCEPT of how many diapers she has or what clothes will fit when she arrives or anything. So. Going through this pile, and hopefully putting some of it away, is on the list.


5. This. Just THIS.
Yeah. T Minus TWO WEEKS and THIS is the situation at hand. For those who don’t know, we bought this house in A SAD CONDITION and have been slooooowly remodeling it. This room has been a scary, off-limits dungeon until just recently when we’ve cleared out the monster mess. Now it looks like this. Peeling paint and subfloors. So! This weekend, we hope to remedy that situation. We’ve got wallpaper and floors on hand. Now all we need is a whole lot of coffee.



And that’s all! Eventually I plan to have a nursery reveal [UPDATE!! The Nursery is now COMPLETE! Check it out here!!]. I’ve got high hopes for this little room. You can check out my Pinterest board here. And make sure to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and BlogLovin for updates on the adventures! Thanks for stopping by!
5 comments on "Five for Friday: Five Pitiful Situations in Desperate need of Completion"
  1. Looks like you've got your hands full! Best of luck with your new baby!
    - Anna (Hanging with Mrs. Hulsey)
    http://hangingwithmrshulsey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just tell you how much I love your honesty? I'm glad somebody in the blog world can admit with a smile that their house has some craziness inside. Mine sure does and I've got no home improvement projects or baby on the way (congrats and congrats!) so it's just general insanity. I'm sure whatever absolutely must be done, will be done and the rest...it'll just have to wait! Good luck and enjoy your new baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Thank you!! I know I'm always following these bloggers that have these prim and perfect houses - no dust to be seen and everything looking like it came straight out of a catalog. Meh. BORING! ;) I want to know I have friends in the world who are not quite put together. Welcome! :)

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to see the nursery when it's done!! Take your time...it doesn't need to be done right away anyways! My oldest came early and we hadn't even had the baby shower yet...I think she was like 9 months by the time I really felt it was done!

    ReplyDelete