Top Social

8/05/2015

Eli's Super Cool Science Kit

I'm so excited about this! My sweet nephew's fifth birthday is coming up and I knew I wanted to get him something personalized & unique, but LOW on the project intensity scale. Of course, I went straight to Pinterest in search of a DIY project perfect for a 5 year old boy. Like any other 5 year old, he's super inquisitive so when I came across this bucket from Playdough to Plato, I fell in love!! Added bonus: the recommended ages for this project are 3-8, which means they should be a perfect level for Eli, but also be simple enough to include his 3 year old sister on some of the activities.


This was super easy. In the download, Playdough to Plato provides a convenient little list of items you'll need for the project. I left out anything I thought Eli would have at home or anything perishable, of course. I was able to pick up most of the items at the Dollar Tree (including the cute orange bucket!) and then picked up the last couple of items at Walmart. In total, I spent around $25. 


The download includes 22 experiment cards and a cute little cover for both a boy and a girl. Each card is simple and to the point, and lists everything you'll need plus the steps for each experiment.


I laminated them on my home laminator (love!), cut them with my little paper cutter, and tied them together with a piece of twine.


The MOST FUN part of this project was I got to use my brand new Silhouette Cameo for the very first time!!! EEE!!! :) I have to admit, I was pretty impressed with how this $1 bucket turned out. 


Everything piled in just perfectly. I dropped it in a gift basket bag (also from the Dollar Tree), tied it up with twine, and added a card I printed & laminated. 



I'll likely be in the hospital with little miss Charlie Grace for Eli's birthday party, so I won't get to see him open this, but I'm sure I'll get to hear about his experiments later. Winters here in STL are pretty daaarn chilly so my sister in law is always looking for ways to keep her two occupied indoors. I have no doubt this will help!

So what do you think? I'd love to see your project in action! Connect with me on Facebook & Instagram so I can see what you've got going on!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment