Top Social

8/21/2015

Spotlight Saturday: Labor Day Writing Center!

It's Saturday! That means hopefully most of you teacher friends are enjoying some much needed downtime. Like yesterday's post, I'm writing this early, hoping that I'll spend Saturday snuggling a new baby. We'll see. [Update: As of Friday night at midnight, still no baby.]

Anyway, I've been hard at work preparing all of my favorite materials for this school year. One of my many goals is to update and add to all of my writing centers! Last week, I finished putting together my Labor Day Writing Center so today I get to share it for Spotlight Saturday with Kindergarten Dragons! 


This pack has all of the goodies you'll need for your Labor Day writing center, plus some materials you'll be able to use in other Labor Day lessons as well!



The I Can Statement posters are great for posting at your centers, displaying at the front of your classroom during lessons or units, or adding to your student work display boards. They're a great way to remind your students of exactly what their goals are for this lesson or activity.

In Anderson's Opinion, firefighters have the most important job. :)

Choose the vocabulary cards that best suit your class, or make your own with the blank cards! These are great for displaying in pocket charts, on word walls, or in writing centers. Use them in games & reference them during reading lessons to really reinforce the new vocabulary.


Henley apparently thinks flashcards are the bees knees. :)

Along with the vocabulary cards, I've also provided a list of adjectives to help students add more pizazz to their writing. :) Laminate it and display it in a writing center or add a copy to each student's writing folder!



Graphic organizers are great for pre-writing, of course. I would also recommend using them for your Labor Day and Community Helper reading passages. 



This pack includes 24 writing prompts. The prompts vary in difficulty and genre. Each card is labeled with the appropriate writing standard.


Adeline plans to head the lake for the weekend! Lucky girl.

After writing, students can work independently, in pairs, or with a teacher to edit their work! These are provided in both full color and black line. Full color posters are great for displaying at writing centers or laminating to use repeatedly during your writing mini-lessons or conferences!





You can check out this writing center in my store by clicking here!

I'd love to hear what you think! Do you use writing centers in your classroom? What's your favorite writing center tool? Connect with me on Facebook, Instagram, & BlogLovin' to stay in touch!

Special thanks to Kindergarten Dragons for hosting this weekly linky. :)


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment