Top Social

8/16/2015

Social Sunday: Labor Day Journal Writing Packet

Happy Sunday, friends!

I hope you all are resting & relaxing and enjoying some family time today. I had a fabulous and relaxing morning with my family and am now catching up on the bloggersphere! Today I'm linking up with Everything Ed for Social Sunday. This is a great little linky for collecting materials for your Social Studies classroom!

I was so pumped when I read Everything Ed's post this morning on great ways to assess your students outside of tests! We're totally on the same page with his awesome list. Check it out here.

The very first idea he lists is Journal Writing Prompts. YES! YES YES. What I love about journal writing is it allows students to express their level of understanding and relay their thought processes without worrying (as much) about composure, structure, and the other various stressors of formal writing.

Last year, I started assembling packs specificially designed to practice reading and comprehending informational texts, and responding in journal writing form. You can check them out here. The packs are in need of expanding, and facelifts, so this week I finally got a chance to get started, just in time for Labor Day!


This pack includes A Non-Fiction reading passage , 6 journal writing prompts, 6 vocabulary cards & two vocabulary exersice pages. 


Check it out! And make sure you follow me on Facebook, Instagram, & BlogLovin' to keep up with new materials & product facelifts throughout the year! :)

Don't forget to stop back by TOMORROW for some great Teacher Tools, a brand new freebie, and a fun giveaway!! 



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment