Top Social

6/22/2015

Daring to Dream

This week is Week 2 of the #TPTSellerChallenge and I am so thrilled and grateful to be a part of it! This week the challenge is to blog about our DREAMS for TPT. This is such a neat challenge because it encouraged me to really sit down and think about what I want out of my TPT business. I knew instantly that my dreams would revolve around my family.


My dream has always been to be a Stay at Home Mommy. When Brian and I first got married, we buckled down and focused on paying off our mountain of debt. Thanks to Dave Ramsey, we are able to be 100% debt free (with the exception of our house), so when I got pregnant, we felt comfortable with me quitting my job & staying home with Beckett.  It's been two years since I left the classroom for good. Beckett is now 19 months old, Charlie Grace will be here in August, and I'm ready to focus on TPT and make it work for my family & my dreams!


My dreams:

Find balance: being a full time SAHM is very rewarding, but finding a balance between enjoying this time with my kiddos, keeping up with wife & mom duties, and making the most of TPT is a challenging one. I tend to either let TPT fall to the wayside and ROCK the rest, or spend endless hours on TPT and neglect my kiddo and home. I'd like to figure out a way to balance them all!

PAY THE MORTGAGE: I'd like to generate enough income to make a significant contribution to our family, like paying the mortgage!

TRAVEL THE WORLD: Before I got married and had kids, travel was my number 1 expense & priority. I've been to Austria, Africa, a few islands in the Caribbean, Mexico, Canada, and LOTS of places state side. I would like to be able to continue traveling internationally, and take my family (or at least my husband) with me! Next on my list is Southeast Asia. 

FOSTER KIDS: Fostering kids has always been a dream. One day, my kids will all be in school. However, I would like to continue to stay home full time and spend my energy running a loving home, including welcoming & embracing foster kiddos. 

build a full-time business:I love TPT. I love seeing progress and having something to be proud of (outside of my family). I love seeing my hard work make a difference in teachers' classrooms and in our family income. I would like to build this business to more of a "full time" job than a side project I work on when I have time. 


4 comments on "Daring to Dream"
  1. What nobel goals you have! Keep pressing on girl!

    Sparkling in Second

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little boy is precious! I love the name Charlie Grace too! Balance is something I struggle with too. Being home for the summer, I'm having a hard time balancing spending time with my girls, keeping up with the house, and working on TpT stuff. I think this will probably be a never ending struggle. Keep it up though! Your blog is adorable by the way! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little boy is precious! I love the name Charlie Grace too! Balance is something I struggle with too. Being home for the summer, I'm having a hard time balancing spending time with my girls, keeping up with the house, and working on TpT stuff. I think this will probably be a never ending struggle. Keep it up though! Your blog is adorable by the way! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I found your blog! Love reading about your goals. I am about to write all about mine but noticed the word "Balance" on the preview for yours and had to stop by and read. Balance is definitely at the top of my goals list right now. Being a mommy to littles, a wife, a teacher...it is hard to balance it all. All about give and take. There are times I have felt that I have left my family to the wayside so I could finish creating a TpT product or blog post. I know that my family should always come first so it's finding time when kids are napping or down for the night when TpT/blogging can happen for me. I fear it will always be a struggle but I definitely don't want to give up on trying!

    Again, thanks for sharing. I can relate!

    Monica
    Mrs. MeGown’s 2nd Grade Safari

    ReplyDelete