Top Social

11/05/2015

How We Do Christmas

How do you do Christmas gifting for your kids? Do you just set a budget and shop til it's done? Do you forgo the budget and buy whatever you love? If you're anything like me, you have just as much fun buying gifts as the kiddos do receiving them. I love this little rhyme a friend shared with me a couple years ago. It's a great way to give a little structure to my gift choices!


I'm not making any vows to live by this forever, but I really like the idea of setting a standard for what gift-giving in our house will look like. I like that it keeps me accountable to a fairly simple wish-list instead of making Christmas about everything we WANT WANT WANT!

So this year for Christmas, we have committed to living by our little rhyme again (plus stocking). Something you want, something you need, something you wear, & something you read. Done and done!


So what's on our shopping list? Beckett will be 2 this Christmas and Charlie will be 4 months. Here's what's on their lists:

Beckett
Want: A Kazam Bike! It has no petals and is supposed to be a great way to teach them to ride.
Need: A helmet to match!
Wear: University of Kentucky Gear. I haven't found it yet.
Read: A subscription to National Geographic Little Kids
He'll also get a stocking full of goodies.

We haven't completely figured out what we want for Charlie yet, but I'm working on it! 

What about you? Do you have a plan for Christmas? I'd love to hear it! omment below!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment